Saturday, August 4, 2012

Stream of Consciousness

i have a coworker who writes her emails in one long stream of thought....connecting each idea with little dots...and half thoughts. i'm in need of just such a purge...it's saturday once again...you can picture the scene...me. kids wrestling around me. pile of dishes...blah, blah, blah.

i've spent the past half an hour enjoying other people's blogs...all the while itching to add something magnificent to my own...i could finish the post i started last weekend...oh, that would take some real brain power. i still can't figure out how to end it...i'm not sure i can concentrate for that long with the boys pulling for my attention...i could let them watch endless hours of tv, but that would cause the mother guilt to nag at my insides...which would then drain my creative juices.

even though i was with it and wrote a long "to do" list...it's still all swimming around in my head...the must dos are competing with the wants...i can't seem to find the balance...

i woke up pondering an incomplete creative project...making a growth chart for my children....so i got out of bed and looked at my paint options...after picking out ones that might work...i put them back on the shelf.

while the boys played angry birds i paid bills and balanced the checking account...trying to bring peace to a layer of household chaos...finished....deep exhale.

and yet still...chaos

my children will only have so much patience for mommy sitting at the computer...i've made a decision...clean...bring order to the disorderly home...hopefully providing me space for something more enjoyable & possible even inspiring

knock...knock...knock...that's my signal...the neighbor boys have come to play...time to end my stream of thought and take full advantage of the welcome distraction....

author's note: writing without consistent punctuation and capitalization is not for me...i know...shocking!!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this without punctuation! What a fun way to approach a piece once in a while. You've inspired me to try this, too. :0)

    ReplyDelete