Saturday, June 1, 2013

Dear Blog,

Poor sad neglected blog. I know you feel pushed aside by my new expensive hobby called house. It's true. I've been pouring my creative juices elsewhere. At first it was the need to create organization out of our chaos, so I spent hours scouring the aisles of Target for the perfect container to house my overflowing supply of jewelry. Or the incessant desire to figure out the best way to arrange the pantry closet. The clear glass jars filled with snacks for the boys makes me happy every time I see them. My attention eventually moved to creating inviting spaces within our four walls. And now that the sun is consistently shining I am delighting in the beginnings of a lovely flower garden. As I walk through O'Tooles I am overcome with joy - so many colors and smells that speak to my very soul. I know that if I paused I could tuck away nuggets of ideas to write about later. But instead I fill my mind with new ways to enhance our flower bed. Where I use to spend Saturday mornings with you, I now sit on my bench with the vibrantly stripped cushion admiring the fresh new life growing in front of me. The yellow blossoms tantalize me and cause me to choose digging and planting over you, dear blog. I know that it will not always be this way, but for now my heart is torn between you and my newly found lilac bush. So, although I love you, I am off to investigate the ground covering I planted last night. See you again soon!

Fondly,

Your Author

No comments:

Post a Comment